Dealing with my dad who had a stroke so apologize for my lack of posting. But will get it started slowly.
Have a great, safe and awesome Labor Day Holiday weekend BTB guys and gals.
Friday's List of 13: Things I'm looking for this weekend........
13) College football takes center stage this weekend; top matchup is probably Michigan-Alabama at Jerry World in Dallas Saturday night.
12) NC State has a senior QB (Glennon); Tennessee has a quality QB (Bray) and a monkey on its back, as coach Dickey is under pressure for his Vols to have a better season this year, or else. Interesting neutral field opener Friday night.
11) Kellen Moore went 50-3 as Boise State’s QB, now he’s struggling to adjust to the NFL game with the Lions. Boise is opening at Michigan State, with both sides breaking in new signal callers. Broncos have a recent history of winning as underdogs.
10) Clemson-Auburn has been a good series last couple years. Auburn struggled LY after Cam Newton graduated and Russell Wilson chose Wisconsin over The Plains, so curious to see if they’ve come up with a decent QB. Clemson brought in a new DC; we’ll see if its helped.
9) I’m not a morning person, so not sure how much of 9am Notre Dame-Navy game I’m going to see. Navy had had the edge in this series last few years. Game is being played in Ireland, which is why the early kickoff.
8) Penn State starts a new era Saturday, hosting Ohio U; game opened at Penn State -15 back in the spring-- they were -6 last time I looked.
7) Florida International was a home favorite over Duke LY, but blew a 4th quarter lead and lost 31-26; their 7-6/8-5 seasons the last two years are first winning seasons in FIU history. Panthers are visiting Duke this week.
6) FOX has Gus Johnson calling its Game of the Week, so the mute button could be in order; this week’s game is Hawai’i-USC, as Norm Chow makes his debut as a head coach. For some reason, FOX hired Erin Andrews to work its pregame show; I would’ve gone for ESPN’s Jenn Brown instead. Think she’s smarter and has more personality to carry a show like that.
5) Miami-Boston College is an interesting league game for the first weekend. BC won at Miami LY as a 13-point underdog.
4) Troy-UAB split a pair of one-point decisions the last two years; Trojans had their worst season under long-time coach Blackeney LY (3-9); they’ve lost three of last four visits to UAB, with two of three losses by a single point.
3) Underdogs covered five of last six Georgia Tech-Virginia Tech games; why would any receiver go to GT? All you’re going to do there is block for four years.
2) San Diego Padres are 17-10 this month, with Chase Headley driving in 30 runs; if they have a good September, you think they have momentum heading into 2013?
1) Actor Terry Kiser from Weekend at Bernie’s is throwing out the first ball at the Red Sox-A’s game Saturday. The A’s have adopted “The Bernie” as kind of a celebratory dance and its actually gotten to this point. Kind of cool they’re having fun during a pennant race. Somehow Kiser made three movies as Bernie, playing a dead guy for 2.5 of them.
Stop by to sign up for BetDSI and Bookmaker
Click here to sign up for WAGERWEB
Click here for all your Amazon products:
Click here for all your fantasy sport needs: