You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security. Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
Kevin Durant scored 27 points and Russell Westrbook added 23 as the Oklahoma City Thunder topped the San Antonio Spurs 108-103 Monday night at the AT&T Center to steal home court advantage and take a 3-2 best of 7 Western Conference Finals series lead. Durant shot 10/19 (53%) from the floor and sunk 5/6 (83%) from the foul line. Durant also collected 4 rebounds, handed out 5 assists and recorded 3 steals. Westrbook shot only 9/24 (38%) from the field and committed 7 of his teams 17 turnovers but made all 5 of his free throw attempts and dished out a team high 12 assists. James Harden contributed 20 off the bench on 6/11 (55%) overall and OKC's big 3 combined for 65% of it's team's output. OKC shot an even 50% from the fllor including 8/21 (38%) from 3 point range while also converting 20/23 (87%) from the charity stripe. Manu Ginobli led San Antonio with 34 points on 11/21 (52%) overall including 5/10 (50%) from 3 point range. Ginobli also collected 6 rebounds and dished out 7 assists despite committing 7 of his team's 22 turnovers. Tony Parker added 20 on just 5/14 (36%) overall and Tim Duncan contributed 18 along with 12 rebounds on 7/10 (70%) from the field. The Spurs shot 46% overall including 9/24 (38%) from the 3 point line while converting 26/31 (84%) from the ft line. and won the battle of the boards 42-34. Looking invincible while carrying a 20-game winning streak a week ago -- the fourth-longest in NBA history -- the Spurs have lost three straight and are on the verge of a stunning collapse. The only way the Spurs would have considered the move a success is had they won, and that chance went clanging off the back of the rim with 4.9 seconds left when Ginobili missed an off-balance 3. Ginobili then walked to the scorer's table, made a fist and hammered it down. It was the Spurs first loss at home since April 11. Harden hit the biggest shot, draining a 3-pointer with 28.8 seconds left that pushed Oklahoma City's lead to five. He admitted afterward that the ball was supposed to go to Durant but had no choice but to let go with the shot clock winding down and Spurs rookie Kawhi Leonard in his face. Durant scored 22 of his points in the second half. He dedicated the victory to his uncle, who Durant said was in the hospital. OKC has a chance to close out the series this evening back at the Chesapeake Arena when game 6 takes place at 9pm EST on TNT.