05/10/2012 12:07 PM
Armadillo: Thursday's six-pack
Cantor Gaming has released pointspreads for Week 1-16 of this coming NFL season; interesting stuff. Here are spreads of some of the games:
Week 3-- Texans (pick 'em) @ Broncos
Week 4-- Seahawks (-1) @ Rams
Week 6-- 49ers (-3) vs Giants
Week 9-- Saints (-2.5) vs Eagles
Week 15-- Cowboys (-1.5) vs Steelers
Week 16-- Bears (-1) @ Cardinals
Armadillo: Thursday's List of 13: Doing some thinking out loud........
13) Had a terrific dinner the other night with Big Dawg and Mrs Big Dawg at Battista's, a great restaurant on Flamingo here in Las Vegas. If you come to America's Favorite City, make sure you have dinner there at least once.
12) You can smoke in casinos; in New York, you can't smoke indoors. The smoking doesn't bother me, but at the Las Vegas Hilton, there is a separate smoke-free room where all the games are shown.
11) I am 52 years old and had never had a corn dog until tonight; they sell mini-corn dogs at the Sportsbook Deli-- if they don't start selling these fine food items in New York soon, I'm not going to be happy. They're good!!!
10) Rode the monorail here for the first time; they're having some problems with it right now, but it seems like a good idea. Cheaper than riding a cab.
9) At every TV timeout of the two NBA games last night, the sportsbook put out a new line on the game. For instance, if you liked the Knicks +11 in Game 5, when they were down 17 in 4th quarter, you could've gotten them at +17.5 or +18 at different times. They lost by 12. Interesting concept.
8) ESPN/ACC renewed their TV agreement until 2027; I had to stop when I read that and try to remember what year this is. 2027 seems like a movie, but its only fifteen years away.
7) Read some criticism of Mike Woodson because he let Carmelo Anthony dominate the ball; the last coach didn't let Anthony dominate the ball, and his butt got fired, because Anthony wouldn't try hard while he was coach of the team. What would you do?
6) When Jose Canseco first came up with the A's, I dropped whatever I was doing to watch his ABs; he was that much fun to watch hit. Have a similar feeling when Giancarlo Stanton comes to bat; he's worth price of admission.
5) Terry Collins is doing a terrific job managing the no-name Mets.
4) Tampa Bay's Matt Joyce actually hurt his leg while he hit the GW HR in the 9th inning; he limped around the bases but did stay in the game. Fact the ball went out of the park (landed in first row) shows you how cheap HRs are in rightcenter field in the Bronx. Bad place for pitchers.
3) Major league teams are 37-7 this season when they have 15+ hits; three of the seven losses belong to the Red Sox.
2) Clippers weren't exactly the picture of poise Wednesday, getting five technical fouls in their loss at Memphis, but they did cut a 24-point deficit down to four. Curious to see if they can finish the Grizzlies off at home.
1) You read all this recruiting stuff on the Internet, then you realize Aaron Rodgers didn't get a D-I scholarship offer, and it hits you that lot of these nitwits are just that, imbeciles. Interesting to read, but uninformed. Lot of times, all a guy needs to succeed is a chance. Look at Rodgers.
Always remember the 3 G's Girls,Golf, Gambling not in any particular order......:2thumbs: