You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security.
Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
SPOOKY'S TALKING WTF ALL WEEK ON THE WEEKLY EXPRESS
31 Replies | 9123 Views
On 04/23/2012 01:46 PM in MLB
-- When was the last time a big league team scored 7+ runs in consecutive innings? Rough weekend when the highlight is a rainout.
-- Matt Kemp already has nine home runs, more than four teams do.
-- Pirates scored total of three runs in Erik Bedard's four starts.
-- A's are 6-0 when they score first, 2-9 when they don't.
-- Minnesota Twins are 5-11, their worst start since 1995.
-- Of the NBA's top 31 players in shooting percentage, only two play in the backcourt (Steve Nash/Dwyane Wade).
04/23/2012 01:49 PM
Monday's List of 13: Wrapping up a sports weekend........
13) There's going to be expanded instant replay in baseball really soon; the Rangers won in Detroit Sunday because the four umps didn't see a squeeze bunt hit the batter on the back knee. Bunt scored the go-ahead run in 11th inning and Texas won. It was clearly a wrong call on replay.
12) You can be sure that in the near future, you'll be seeing managers throw replay flags on the field, just like in football. Instant replay will solve some problems but cause new ones; there is no perfect system.
11) If you had the Orlando Magic +9.5 Saturday night, you suffered a very bad beat; Magic lost by 10 in overtime. Ugh.
10) Weird Baseball Dept: Francisco Liriano walks the first two Tampa Bay batters in top of 3rd Sunday (scoreless game); next batters tries to sacrifice on the first pitch. Why? Why make out on purpose when the pitcher can't throw the ball near the plate?
Because Liriano is horrible, he winds up hitting the batter and gives up two runs without giving up a hit. He's headed to the bullpen soon.
9) Saints/Hornets owner Tom Benson is 85; he planned to give control of the teams to his 35-year old granddaughter, but apparently now is changing his mind, because the granddaughter doesn't get along well with others, and seems more interested in the trappings of the job than the job itself. Lot of drama in New Orleans this offseason, thats for sure.
8) Looking at the college basketball coaching changes, aren't too many high profile jobs left; Southern Miss/North Texas appear to be the best two.
7) Its pretty pathetic when I flip on my computer and have to read another article by ESPN's Buster Olney about how the A's are trading one of their better pitchers. This time it was Bartolo Colon, who has started four games for Oakland. Can't we get to Memorial Day before we speculate on which players the A's will sell off before the trading deadline?
6) How have the Knicks not named Mike Woodson the permanent coach?
5) Blake Griffin got his 12th technical foul Sunday night, meaning if he gets one more, he is automatically suspended for a game.
4) University of Florida cut its Computer Science department in order to save $1.7M; their athletic department's budget is $99M, up $2M from LY. So if they had kept the athletic budget at $97M, they could've kept the Computer Science, right? What kind of a decision is that?
3) Of the four teams have advanced to the NHL's Elite 8, three are new to this round in recent years: Nashville, which hadn't won any playoff series before LY; St Louis, which won its first playoff series in a decade Saturday and LA Kings, who won their first playoff series since 2001 Sunday night. Thats good for the league.
2) Question for my Canadian readers: Now that Ottawa is only Canadian team left in the playoffs and a Canadian team hasn't hoisted the Cup since 1993 (Montreal), does the whole country root for the Senators now? Or is that not how it works? Feel free to e-mail me with your answers.
1) Sunday night was going to be an interesting broadcast; Bronx-Boston on ESPN, with Terry Francona in the booth and Bobby Valentine in the Sox' dugout, trading places from LY. Plus, Sunday was Francona's birthday. The rainout cost us some solid entertainment.
04/23/2012 05:59 PM
Really like these plays tonight. For a couple of reasons. Lets hope it pays off.
04/23/2012 06:00 PM
04/23/2012 06:02 PM
04/23/2012 06:03 PM
04/23/2012 06:03 PM
04/23/2012 06:03 PM
04/23/2012 06:05 PM
And here is Bobalou's cat one more time