You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security. Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
Another couple winners posted. Surreal run here at the forum on games Im posting. Something like 25 of last 30.
Hey Porky I dont ever think or worry bout the fix. All basketball is back and forth and why I hate it. lol But the kids still have to make the shots and that is never a given. Xavier and NC State both never gave up and got it done.
Rather be lucky than good cause I aint that good. :)
Oh I was kidding about the fix. You'd never fix a March Madness game. Just really funny how some games end.
You are as hot as anyone I've seen in a while. Keep it up especially if you are better, as you said, in baseball. GL with tonight's picks. I almost can't lose the rest of the way out, unless Kentucky wins it all. I have money on UNC, KU, KY, OSU, BA, and FL to win their regional and the tourney. I put a bit more on Kentucky but if they win it all they only pay +235. It's the regionals where I can make a haul if Baylor were to upset KY they are +475 and love my KU to win regional +325 and NC +975. Carolina is toast without Marshall, too bad for the heels. OSU also at +375 to win regional and +875 to win it all. Any upsets really don't hurt me very big.
Saturday's List of 13: Nobody asked me, but........
13) Its obvious that Bobby Valentine is going to be like a wrestling manager up in Boston, constantly tweaking the Bronx Bombers and keeping his team and more importantly his name in the news, even if its for annoying reasons like Thursday, when he complained because the Bombers begged out of playing the 10th inning of an exhibition game because they only had minor league pitchers left. Before the summer is over, Valentine might throw some ceremonial salt into ARod’s eyes before he bats, the way the Grand Wizard of Wrestling used to do.
12) Speaking of the Bombers, Joba Chamberlain tore up his ankle playing on a trampoline with his son; its an injury similar to Buster Posey’s last year, which means he is done for the year.
11) Given whats gone on this week, don’t the Saints have to give Drew Brees whatever he’s asking for?
10) Wagner offered their coaching job to Bobby Hurley, but the former Duke star is headed to Rhode Island with his brother Danny; word is that Danny Hurley’s wife doesn’t want to leave the northeast, so his future job mobility could be limited, unless he were wind up with the UConn job when Jim Calhoun retires.
9) Only three brackets out of 6.45M were perfect thru the first weekend of the NCAA tournament, but it wasn’t because of the East bracket; 25.1% of entrants had Syracuse-Ohio State in the regional final. Probably not many Ohio U entries into the Sweet 16, though.
8) Good to see Kendrys Morales on the field for the Angels, almost two years after he broke his ankle while celebrating a walk-off homer on May 29, 2010. Tough way to get hurt.
7) Billy Donovan is 18-2 in his last 20 NCAA tournament games, but he is also 0-6 against mentor Rick Pitino as a head coach. No #7 seed has made the Final Four since the tournament went to 64 teams; they’re 0-6 in regional finals.
6) San Francisco Dons lost six transfers this week; that’s half their returning players, including two starters. Has to be an interesting story behind all that, especially since USF played really well in February.
5) We’ve talked couple times this week about Duquesne losing three hoop transfers, now we hear that the school fired coach Ron Everhart, who’s a pretty good coach. Question begs to be asked, did the transfers know he was getting fired, or was firing the result of the aftermath of the transfers, especially star point guard McConnell leaving?
Duquesne had winning records the last five years; the 12 years before they hired Everhart, they had zero winning seasons.
4) Austin Rivers leaves Duke after one year; kid doesn’t need the money, since his dad makes a few mill a year. This one-and-done stuff is a joke and should end. If kids want to go from high school to the NBA, let them go, and then if they don’t make a roster, let them to come back to college, with stipulation that they can’t go back to the NBA for three years. Would that be unfair?
3) Central Michigan canned coach Ernie Zeigler, which puts the next coach in a tough spot, since the Chippewas’ best player, by far, was Zeigler’s son. Am guessing young Zeigler may test the NBA Draft waters.
2) Minnesota got tremendous news when injured star Trevor Mbakwe was granted a sixth year of eligibility; Gophers could be very good next year, if all the expected returnees do indeed return.
1) Contrast of good/bad franchises; David Carr quietly re-signed as Giants’ backup QB, an easy job, since Eli Manning never gets hurt. Carr gets paid to run the scout team and buy Manning donuts.
Meanwhile, across the parking lot, Jets’ #3 QB Drew Stanton (who??) got himself traded to Indianapolis because of Tebowgate. Been a dismal winter for the Jets; even nobodies demanded to be traded.
Guys I will be back later. Now that I can walk I owe it to the wife to spend a few minutes hobbling around outside of the house. Will come back with another winner or two later on. But as you know I have a huge future on Florida worth 4 figures plus so I already played Louisville for a few hundred plus 3 with the hope and magic of getting a nice middle.
Well got back much later than expected. Ya know I am all in on Florida. Didnt get a chance to post it on the monitor but if you didnt know how much I want and like them then you have not been reading the express. So that only leaves the one game and really if Florida can get home I would not care about this game. But since the express always posts something here you go. GL
Odds and ends on college basketball conferences........these stats are for conference games only........
-- From 2005-11, Big Dozen ranked no worse than 4th in nation in ratio of assists to baskets made; this year, they slipped to 18th, which signals an increase in high ball screens and a decrease in passing.
-- ACC has gotten worse because lot of coaches don't want to compete with Coach K and Roy Williams; think its a path to getting fired. Pace of ACC games dropped to #20 this season, after being top 10 the previous nine seasons, with four seasons in top three.
-- Big East ranked #31 this year out of 32 leagues in 3-point percentage; over last six years, league has never been higher than #20. Hard to say if its bad shooting, great defense, or in all probability, little bit of both.
-- From 2003-10, Ivy League was ranked from #20-28 in country, one of weaker leagues in country. Last two years, they've jumped up to #15-16, putting them right in the middle of conference ratings.
-- We need to see some Atlantic Sun games on TV; league was #15 this year; over last decade, they've never been lower than #6 in steals %age-lot of pressing and aggressive defense. Fun to watch. Anyone listening?
-- Kids in the Big Sky can shoot; over last three years, they ranked #1-3-2 in 3-point percentage; over last five years, only once were they ranked lower than #8 from the foul line.
Sunday's List of 13: Random thoughts on a birthday weekend for my son.......
13) Kentucky beat Louisville 69-62 on New Year's Eve; if the teams play at the Final Four and Kentucky wins again, Cardinal fans might actually think they've had a lousy season, even though they made the Final Four.
12) Kendall Marshall practiced some Saturday; you have to think he'll be in uniform today, harder to tell if he'll play, and if he does play, how effective can he be? Kid had his wrist operated on six days ago.
11) Florida was 8-11 from the arc in the first half, 0-9 in second, in a bitter 72-68 loss to Louisville. Billy Donovan is now 0-7 against Rick Pitino, but this was first time they met since Donovan won his two national titles.
10) Eldrick Woods leads the Bay Hill tournament by a stroke, interesting to see if he can hold the lead and win for the first time in couple of years. Also interesting to see what the TV ratings will be for it.
9) Rumors from people who live in central New York indicate that at least part of the reason Fab Melo was ineligible revolve around an old girlfriend and a restraining order that may or may not have been adhered to.
8) Baylor is the only team in Elite 8 this year thats never won the national championship before.
7) Ohio State got a total of 8 points in 20 minutes played out of its bench, as Thad Matta showed zero confidence in his subs, even in a game that saw Jared Sullinger play only six minutes in the first half. Lenzelle Smith had a huge game, stepping up to make baskets at critical times.
Just for the hell of it, some spring training stats..........
6) Howie Kendrick and the world famous Lorenzo Cain (KC) are batting .462, which leads the major leagues this spring.
5) Tigers must be scoring lot of runs this spring; Delmon Young (19) and Ryan Raburn (18) leads the major leagues in RBI.
4) Erick Aybar and the obscure Eric Sogard (Oak) have both scored 13 runs, which leads the major leagues. A's may need to make Sogard a 3B, since as I write this, they really don't have one with major league qualifications.
3) Neither Adam Wainwright (14 IP) or Jake Westbrook (12) has allowed a run so far this spring; Josh Beckett has allowed two runs in 14 IP.
2) At the end of the day, with all the stuff thats gone on, you have to think while Jim Boeheim is disappointed about losing, he's probably also at least a little bit relieved the whole long season is finally over with. No more press to badger him, no more irritating questions to answer.
1) Hasn't been lot of high drama in the tournament so far, which means one thing; the last five games are going to be much better than usual. Whole key to Sunday's UNC game is whether or not the Marshall kid can play.
So if a tree falls and nobody hears it does it really fall. That said if I post a losing pick and the forum is down is it really a losing pick?
Well that sucked yesterday. Florida shits the bed late, costs me a huge future wager. Syracuse had to play Ohio State and the refs all at the same time which was too much to overcome.
Basically this is the story. Kentucky and North Carolina still alive in my futures. Not for much but still like to cash them. Both of them winning give me a great shot at cashing in my brackets. And next week I will be heading to the Final Four (whether I can walk or not) to see the games. So not much posting next week and everyone is on their own. And when I get back it will be time for baseball.
Back later with anything that intrigues me for today.
Hey Spooky sorry your Gators got out scored 23-8 to finish the game. I thought Donavan had it wrapped up but the last five minutes Pitino out coached Donavan and/or his players just out played the Gators. Pitino, who I really have never been a fan of, cannot be denied as one great coach with his fourth team in the F4. It is one team don't have a bet on the win NC. I'm hoping KU or UNC win it all now, but Kentucky may be the best team of all. We'll see today as I've got bets on both Baylor and KY to win regional. Baylor will pay me 4-1 so you know who I'm rooting for in that game. I'll be interested to see your picks today.