You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security.
Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
03/13/2012 06:16 PM
03/13/2012 06:17 PM
03/13/2012 06:17 PM
03/14/2012 01:24 PM
-- Miami traded WR Brandon Marshall to Chicago for couple of picks in the 3rd round, reuniting Marshall with his old QB in Denver, Jay Cutler.
-- Free agent WR Vincent Jackson signed a big contract with the Bucs.
-- Warriors traded Monta Ellis to Milwaukee for Andrew Bogut, with a few other bodies thrown in there for cap purposes
-- Didnt realize the play in games were on TruTV, but thats where the play-in games were shown Tuesday. It is 246 on DirecTV.
-- So CBS has Charles Barkley/Kenny Smith/Greg Anthony in studio; why is Seth Davis there? What does he add? Too many voices.
-- SMU is going to the Big East pretty soon; Fran Fraschilla already lives in Dallas-- he'd be an interesting hire for the Mustangs.
03/14/2012 01:27 PM
Wednesday's List of 13: Doing some thinking out loud..........
13) Kansas State is favored by 5.5 points over Southern Miss, the biggest pointspread in an 8-9 game since Auburn was 6-point favorite over San Diego way back in 1987.
12) Over last three NCAA tournaments, ACC teams have been underdog in 7 of 17 first round games; from 2003-08, ACC teams were favored in all 30 of their first round games.
11) Why are all the ACC teams playing Friday? Doesn’t matter, but its just seems a little odd. By the way, BYU had to play in the Tuesday play-in game because they can't play in Friday/Sunday bracket because they're not allowed to play games on Sundays.
10) Butler is interested in replacing Temple in the Atlantic 14, now that the Owls are off to the Big East. That would be a big blow to the Horizon League, but the Bulldogs should be careful.
20 years ago, LaSalle dominated the MAAC, with future NBA players Lionel Simmons and Randy Woods; they yearned for a bigger pond, and moved up to the A-14, but they’ve seldom been seen since. Sometimes its more fun to be the big fish in a smaller pond, especially in March.
9) South Dakota State is one of the few D-I teams that doesn’t have a coach with D-I playing experience; their head coach played D-II and only one of the three assistants played college hoop, and he played D-III. Just goes to show you that playing/coaching are two different things.
8) Anyone know why the Indians/Reds train in Arizona? Seems like Florida would be more convenient for the Ohio teams.
7) Charlotte’s 73-71 win at New Orleans Monday night was least amount of points a winning NBA team has scored since 2008.
6) Reggie Bush has earned $43,219,860 in his NFL career. Think about that for a second. Pretty staggering number.
5) Finally had a Five Guys hamburger; golf guru Hank Haney has been pumping up Five Guys on Twitter for months, and they just put one in the mini plaza near my house, so I tried it the other day-- they are indeed very good.
4) So the Knicks are 4-13 in last 17 games that Carmelo Anthony played more than 6 minutes; they won seven of the last eight games he didn’t play, but when a scapegoat is identified for the Knicks’ current skid, its going to be the coach, who was just fine when the team played better defense and the ball moved better on offense, in other words, when Anthony was hurt.
Firing D’Antoni would be both stupid and typical of how the Knicks do business. Trading Anthony, even at a loss, would represent a bold and smarter way of going about their business.
3) Oft-injured Nick Johnson has resurfaced with the Orioles, where he could be a big help as a DH, if they can keep him healthy.
2) Randy Moss a 49er? Excellent. A passing combo of Alex Smith to Moss is not going to end well for them.
1) South Carolina and SMU fired their basketball coaches Tuesday, as schools not basking in the glow of March Madness try to find the coach who can lead their team there. Gamecocks are in same division with Calipari/Donovan, so it’s a really hard job—even Vanderbilt is good in basketball, and SEC people aren’t exactly known for being patient.
Wichita State’s Gregg Marshall is said to be Carolina’s #1 choice. SMU is headed for the Big East for football reasons; they’re in Dallas where there are a lot of players- they should do better than they’ve been doing.
03/14/2012 06:30 PM
Obviously very limited on time with madness and all the contests ahead of us. Along with the Blackjack tournament tonight.
Really sticking to the Madness tournament and staying away from the other crazy NIT, CIT, BTB tournaments. lol
Except for Drexel who should be in the tourney.
SOUTH FLORIDA +4
How can you not feel for the kids from Drexel. Do they make a statement tonight? I think so. And Lamar is red hot with
Coach Knight motivating. Lord knows what he tells them tonight.