You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security. Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
Well on such a nice winning streak hate to say this but I really dont like much tonight. Should of posted the afternoon game but was out of the office hobbling around. Tonight just doesnt wow me.
Here are 2 plays I like but honestly dont love and not sure I am even putting them on the monitor.
Lets see how they turn out. Much better stuff tomorrow with a lot of choices. Good Luck.
Remember I always buy the point in baskets and even had Drexel as a winner last night since the line moved after I posted it.
-- Western Kentucky fired its coach in December; they're in NCAA's now after winning four games in four days. North Texas has now lost in tournament final two years in row by combined total of five points.
-- Weber State/Montana were both down at the half, but kingpins in the Big Sky both won, and will meet for the conference title Wednesday.
-- All four favorites won/covered on first day of Big East tournament.
-- Same thing in Atlantic 14, where all four home favorites covered.
-- Penn lost at Princeton, giving Harvard the Ivy League title and its first NCAA appearance since 1946.
-- Orlando lost at Charlotte, Lakers lost in Detroit. Go figure.
Wednesday's List of 13: Doing some thinking out loud.........
13) Cool thing about Championship Week is that it’s a truly national event; the other day, I was watching the Quinnipiac-LIU game from Brooklyn, then switched to the IUPUI-South Dakota State game from Sioux Falls, then switched to the Western Kentucky-Middle Tennessee game from Hot Springs, Arkansas. All good games, too.
12) ESPN2 kept putting camera on Dikembe Mutombo in the stands Monday night, as he watched his nephew play for Western Carolina in the SoCon finals, which they lost in double OT. I’m guessing for someone like Mutombo, playing was a lot easier than watching a loved one play.
11) I’m in favor of the DH being used in all spring training games, since hitters need more AB’s and pitchers need to sharpen their skills against professional hitters. Maybe for the last 10 days of spring, NL teams could stop using the DH, so their pitchers can get used to making outs at the plate.
10) Pirates gave Andrew McCutchen six years, $51.5M; whats the over/under on years before he gets traded to the Bronx or Boston? Will he finish 2014 as a Pirate?
9) Sad to see Southern League President Don Mincher pass away this weekend; he was a solid 1B in the AL, mostly with the Twins. He helped the A’s win the ’72 World Series as a sub, getting one of three 9th inning pinch-hits in the winning rally in Game 4 (Marquez/Mangual had the others).
8) Canisius/Winthrop/Brown have already fired their hoop coaches this week, as the coaching carousel picks up steam. Canisius/Brown are dead-end jobs; Winthrop fanbase was spoiled by the Gregg Marshall era.
7) One of the advantages of having Sports Pack on DirecTV is that just about every weekday this month, there is spring training baseball from Arizona on TV. Really enjoyed watching the Giants Monday night, listening to Duane Kuiper/Mike Krukow for the first time this season. Its like catching up with old friends.
6) Colorado Rockies have a program where if a player goes out on the town, he can call for a ride home, to avoid any possibility of a DUI. Smart, if the players take advantage of it.
5) Apparently this was the 4th-warmest January, ever in New Jersey. Supposed to be above 50 degrees the next two days. Figure once I move it happens.
4) If you really, really like to plan ahead, the 2012 SEC football media days are July 17-19. Will be weird seeing Missouri/Texas A&M in that group now. July seems like a long way away, though......
3) Has to be bitter loss for Denver in the Sun Belt semis, losing to a Western Kentucky team they led 43-16 at halftime when the teams met during the regular season. Denver is off to the WAC next year, a better geographic fit for them.
2) Lot of pressure on these favorites in the one-bid leagues; most of them are so tense. Teams like Iona-Middle Tennessee-Davidson-Long Beach State-Oral Roberts are in win-or-else mode, even though they had great regular seasons. The teams that survive and become underdogs in the NCAAs will play much better there, and be live underdogs.
1) Only in America can the nitwits who own the Mets be forced by a court to write a check for $83,309,162, to pay back money they made in the Madoff scheme, and then claim vindication, as if they’d done nothing wrong. That’s $83M they made scamming people out of their life’s savings. How do they sleep at night?
I have Texas as one of my last 4 in the dance, but all that could change especially if a bubble team in the mid-majors or major conferences somehow wins their post season tournament. A win over Iowa St should clinch one of 68 spots for Texas allbeit perhaps one of those 12's that may have to play for survival in round 1.
How about Western Kentucky making a UConn like run through the Sun Belt despite their sub-.500 record? With Princeton beating Penn last night Harvard is set clinching the bid out of the Ivy. I also have Colorado St as one of my last 4 in, but just like Texas they would like to ensure their eligibility with one more two tourney signature wins.
The Pac 12 could conceivably get only their conference champion in, but if there are no major upsets in the early rounds, could get as many as 4 in (Washington, California, Oregon and Arizona). This time of year anything is possible at the Staples Center, but as inconsistent as this league is winning 20 games as an at large seems rewarding.
Some people say Northwestern has done enough to make it. Others disagree. I have them right now as one of my first four out, but one or two Big Ten tourney wins should seal the deal for the Wildcats.
For the latest sports news, capper picks and tracker results, turn to JTG, the leader in BTB information
Well gotta love some of these games and only going to be putting up one tonight although I do like a few. Nailed the Big East games today which a few of you guys emailed me about. Obviously I am being selective here on the forum with my picks to try and give out a nice portfolio of winners and because ya know I cater to the guys that sign up with Spooky at Bookmaker and BetDSI. So if you want all my plays make sure you sign up. :)
Have a great night and also I will not be around for most of tomorrow. First day to get out of the house since the injury.