You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security. Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
Thursday's List of 13: Clearing out a cluttered mind.........
13) Johnny Unitas wound up a Charger, Joe Namath a Ram, Joe Montana a Chief, Brett Favre a Viking; it happens. So Peyton Manning’s divorce from the Colts will be talked about ad nauseum, but it’s a solid business move by the Colts, and likely will help Manning end his career well, too. Divorce can be a positive.
12) I love stats/numbers, but I read some of these baseball metrics that are out there, and I must admit some of them go over my head. At the end of the day, any evaluator has to balance data with the eye test and intuition to make his decision.
11) I’ve had it with mainstream media morons saying the Rams should draft Robert Griffin III; once they get offensive linemen who can protect Sam Bradford, he's going to be just fine. Lot of the writers who are falling all over RGIII had never heard of him until last October.
10) Very cool moment in Dallas Tuesday, when Tyson Chandler got his NBA Championship ring from the Mavericks. Tremendous reception from the fans. Classy ceremony; Mark Cuban does things the right way.
9) If you’ve seen the Timberwolves play this season, you know they’re fun to watch, with several good, young players, but apparently, team brass thinks they’re getting hosed by the refs, and have complained to the league. They’ve actually played better on the road than at home, which is unusual.
8) Its 263 miles from Bowling Green, KY to Dayton, so fans of Western Kentucky should get ready for a 5-hour drive next week for a play-in game, since the Sun Belt champion Hilltoppers are under .500 this year. Quite a run they’ve had since New Year’s, for new coach Ray Harper.
7) When I look at the leftfield bleachers at the Marlins’ new stadium. it reminded me of old Tiger Stadium . Except for the retractable roof, of course. New stadium got positive reviews. Lot of history on that site— that’s where the old Orange Bowl was.
6) Mark Sanchez makes $8.5M a year? Was surprised when I read that. Will be interesting to see how hard the Jets go after Peyton Manning, then how they mend fences with Sanchez when Manning signs elsewhere.
5) Speaking of Manning, I'm guessing this means former GM Bill Polian wanted to keep number 18 as a Colt, and the owner said no.
4) If you bought 10% of Facebook back in 2005, it would be worth $7B now. Apparently, one of the Washington newspapers had a chance to do that but passed. Whoops.
3) Must admit, quality of play in Wednesday's college basketball wasn't so great; some of these teams are hard pressed to score 50 points.
2) I defer to former NFL players when it comes to this bounty issue; those guys played the game, so their opinion on this issue is what matters most to me. I don’t think its something that was all that unusual, and there doesn’t seem to be a lot of outrage amongst former players.
1) This is probably a dumb question, but will the Colts lower ticket prices this season? They were putrid last year, they don’t figure to be much better this year, with a rookie QB getting his feet wet, you’d think they’d cut the fans a break. I know, it was a dumb question.
Getting harder to post with Madness here and all the contests. Hope everyone is participating and we have over 500 entries already. We have our Free Contests which you can sign up at SPOOKY EXPRESS along with the remaining non sold out Bracket Contest which is available for 20 per entry. Send me a message if you need the details.