You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security.
Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
02/26/2012 11:28 AM
A great week going 9 for 11 on this thread. Doesnt happen often in baskets for Spooky
-- Guess they don't do Match Play tournaments in Asian golf; rookie Sang Moon-Bae had never played in one before this week. He seems to like it well enough, made a lot of cash this week.
-- Lee Westwood has played in 35 World Golf Tour events, and in 55 majors, and is 0-90. He has a chance to change that Sunday.
-- This tournament is the one event that is more interesting the first day, with 32 matches, than it is the last day, with two. Go figure.
-- 3rd place match Sunday night is played to fill TV time; difference in prize money is $110,000; think the players ever agree beforehand to split the $110,000 and just play for fun?
-- At what point do TV networks start treating Eldrick Woods like just another guy (as a golfer), which he pretty much is right now?
-- Very seldom is prize money talked about on PGA Tour telecasts, its always Fed Ex points and another statistics used, but golf is one sport where $$$ won is a concise accurate description of how your year was.
02/26/2012 11:30 AM
Sunday's List of 13: Wrapping up a sports Saturday..........
13) I've seen Fresno State play twice this year; they lost in double OT at San Jose State couple weeks ago, then lost 79-76 in triple OT to Nevada last night. Guess I shouldn't watch them anymore.
12) Washington Huskies won sloppy game 55-51 at Washington State, in a game where host Coogs were 2-18 from arc, 17-32 from foul line. Hard to beat a decent team when you shoot that badly. Its discouraging.
11) Kansas was down 19 in second half, rallied to beat a thin but really good Missouri team 87-86. Too bad these teams won't play anymore, just because the Tigers are bolting for the SEC.
10) 12 of Virginia Tech's 14 ACC games were decided by 5 or less points, with Hokies 4-8 in those games. Overall, Tech has lost nine games by 5 or less points this season.
9) San Diego State's Jamaal Franklin is a really good player, but wonder why he wears a long sleeve shirt under his jersey? Never saw that before.
8) If St John's is going to get back into the top half of the Big East in the next few years, they better keep Moe Harkless in school; there have been rumors about Harkless thinking he is NBA-ready. Ummm....not yet.
7) Fordham had a ridiculous 23 offensive rebounds in its upset of LaSalle; have to miss a lot of shots to grab 23 offensive boards. Chris Gaston had 35 points and 16 rebounds in a winning cause for Fordham.
6) There were 21 blocked shots in the Providence-DePaul game; 10 by the Friars, 11 by DePaul. Can't remember ever having seen a box score for a college game that had both teams with double digit blocked shots.
5) Some very strange outcomes Saturday: Florida loses by 14 at Georgia? Middle Tennessee loses at Western Kentucky? St John's upsets Notre Dame? UC-Davis beats Cal-State Fullerton? Very upsetting day, and I didn't even mention Utah beating Stanford in Salt Lake City. .
4) There were four Pac-12 games Saturday; none of them was decided by more than four points.
3) Mountain West is deeper than we think; after beating San Diego State and UNLV last week, New Mexico was patting itself on the back; this week, they lost at Colorado State/TCU. Can't get all fat and happy and expect to win one of these leagues. Got to stay hungry.
2) You don't see North Carolina shoot 33.3% from the floor too often, but they did Saturday and lived to tell about it, escaping Virginia with a 54-51 win, in a game they trailed by 4 at the half. Hard-fought game.
1) Little things win big games. Foul shooting, for one.
Virginia Tech lost in OT at Duke- they were 7-16 on the line.
Washington State lost by 4, was 17-32 on the line.
Duquesne lost by 5, was 9-17 on the charity stripe.
NC State lost in OT; they were 5-13 on the foul line.
Tulane lost by 4, and they were 13-23 on the line.
I could go on, you get the point.
02/26/2012 01:29 PM
Lets close a big week out with another play. Really dont do anything with the All Star game but for shits and giggles I like the West plus the points.
OHIO -3 (buy pt)