You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security. Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
Saturday's Dirty Dozen: 12 other things David Stern should veto
David Stern vetoed the Chris Paul trade this week, which is fine with us; he has to do what he thinks is best for the NBA. While he’s at it, we’ve got a list of 13 other things we’d like Mr Stern to veto/change………
12) Staying with the NBA for a minute, we’d like NBA teams to be allowed to play any type of defense they want to; if the stars only want to play in big markets, then coaches in small markets should be able to defend them any way they see fit. How else can there be any type of competitive balance?
11) Mr Stern should veto Kansas hiring Charlie Weis as football coach; if the Jayhawks want to hire an overweight coach, they should go re-hire Mark Mangino, who they stupidly canned two years ago.
10) Mr Stern should veto the entire Kardashian family. All of them. Except Lamar Odom.
9) Major league managers/coaches shouldn’t wear uniforms and they shouldn’t be allowed between the white lines once the game starts. Want faster baseball games? No visits to the mound, no arguing with umpires. There you have it, faster games. Simple, no?
8) Thursday night NFL games should get vetoed; football wasn't meant to be played on three days' rest. Hurts the quality of the product.
7) Ban fighting in the NHL, just like it is in every other team sport. Hockey is a great game, you don’t need fighting.
6) Mr Stern should get the price of gasoline lowered; greedy bastards are still charging $3.57 a gallon at the hideous Mobil Mart near my house.
5) Baseball needs a salary floor and a salary cap; think everyone would make more money if they had one. Who wants to root for a team that doesn’t even try? $80M floor, $120M cap and everyone has a chance to win. If you can’t make afford an $80M payroll, sell the team to someone who can. And yes, Lewis Wolff, I'm looking at you........
4) Mr Stern definitely needs to veto the BCS. A college football playoff would be huge, but it would change who was making the big money. The current system is making certain somebodies a ton of cash, and those people are protecting their interests fiercely. Time for that to change.
3) Coaches shouldn’t be able to switch jobs while under contract; if they get fired before their contract is up, they get paid, so they should stay where they are until their contracts expire. It only seems fair.
2) As a society, we need to be less politically correct; there is so little tolerance for freedom of speech. No one says what they think because God forbid, someone might get offended. Too goddamn bad. People risk their lives daily to protect our freedoms; the least we can do is use them.
1) One more NBA thing for Mr Stern to fix; sell the Hornets to someone who will move the team to Seattle; that city supported the Supersonics and they deserve to have an NBA team, with or without a new arena.