You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security. Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
St. Bonaventure vs. La Salle
03/13/2014 12:00 PM
Seton Hall vs. Villanova
03/13/2014 12:00 PM
Line: +10½ Total: 138
Quote of the Day
"You got to be kidding me. He’s going to be the head coach?"
Bobby Bowden, when told that Kansas hired Charlie Weis
-- For some reason, Kansas Jayhawks hired Charlie Weis as their new football coach. Bobby Bowden and I aren't sure why.
-- 9-year old kid in Gastonia, NC got suspended for calling his teacher "cute". Cooler heads prevailed, the suspension got overturned. No one has indicated if the teacher is actually cute or not, but the principal that suspended the kid wound up quitting.
-- West Virginia won in double OT at Kansas State, in fierce struggle where neither team shot 30% from arc or 60% from foul line.
Tough tough beat for anyone that had the under for that game. grrrr
-- Ben Roethlisberger led by example last night; chances are he got his ankle shot up with painkillers at halftime, then went out and did just enough to help his team win. Gutty performance. And again Pitt should have covered rather easily in this game and another tough beat if you played the Steelers. grrrr
-- Shane Battier-to-Miami is a wise move; you need some guys who can play without the ball in their hands.
-- NBA pulled the plug on the Chris Paul deal; seeing as the NBA owns the Hornets, am guessing some other teams weren't too pleased league was helping out one of the premier franchises.
12/09/2011 11:22 AM
Friday's List of 13: Clearing out a cluttered mind..........
13) Excuse me for being a little ornery; two weeks before Christmas and A’s have already been eliminated from contending for 2012 AL pennant, as the suddenly-feisty Angels shelled out $322M or so to sign CJ Wilson and Albert Pujols. My A’s couldn’t afford to re-sign David DeJesus or Mark Ellis, both of whom are marginal big leaguers. Outstanding.
12) What does it say about Wilson’s relationship with the Rangers that he skipped out on them to sign with their biggest rival, after playing in consecutive World Series with Texas? Or is it like the late George Young used to say, “If you think its not about the money, remember. Its always about the money.”
11) Angels, by way, are still on hook for $63M to highly unproductive Vernon Wells over the next three years.
10) As an A’s fan, it irritates me that Giants are blocking A’s attempts to get a new stadium. Oakland wants to do what the Marlins are doing now; get a new ballpark, create new revenue streams that will allow them to compete. Without a new ballpark, they're screwed.
The Giants, who already got their terrific new stadium, are blocking the A’s from moving farther away from San Francisco than they are now. It doesn’t seem right. Time for former used car salesman Bud Selig to flex some muscles and get his old college buddy Lew Wolff a stadium in San Jose. Either that, or fold the franchise.
9) You heard me right; if the A’s aren’t allowed to build a new stadium, MLB needs to put them out of their misery. Right now, they’re nothing more than a glorified Texas League franchise, projecting a team three years down the road, when/if the new stadium gets built.
8) Just for math purposes, Pujols’ agent, at the standard 3% rate, makes a cool $7,350,000 over the life of the deal. Wilson’s agent makes himself $2,325,000. Good work if you can get it.
7) Switching gears, if you want to watch a really bad, tasteless TV show, watch Baseball Wives on VH1; publicity-starved females, all of whom used to be or still are married to big league ballplayers, stab each other in the back for an hour at a time. I couldn't get thru two commercial breaks, but Mark Grace’s ex-wife is really cute. I’m looking forward to hearing his comments on the show on Diamondback broadcasts in the spring.
6) ESPN did two Monday night games from Jacksonville this year; apparently to cut costs, they used the same blimp shots from the first broadcast during Monday night’s game. Somehow, they got called on it; not sure how anyone would realize that. No big deal, but I guess it’s a little embarrassing. Not like the city changed in a month.
5) Why did the White Sox trade their closer for a minor league catcher? They already have Tyler Flowers a pretty good catching prospect; why get rid of the young closer Santos so quickly?
4) Marlins shelled out a fortune in salaries this week but one thing they didn’t give out is a no-trade clause; they don’t play that game.
3) Wyoming Cowboys are off to a fast start due to their vastly-improved 3-point shooting under new coach Larry Shyatt; last two years, Cowboys shot 26.0% and 28.0% behind the arc, one of the worst marks in America. So far this season, Wyoming is making 33.8% from the arc, not great, but good enough so teams actually have to guard them out there. It makes a big difference.
2) If you don’t think there are huge egos at work here, consider this, ARod’s ridiculous contract is worth a total of $252M; Pujols’ contract is worth $254M, and if you think that’s a coincidence, you haven’t been paying attention.
1) Pujols will get paid $136,612 a day during the season for next decade; Wilson will make $85,164.84 a day for the next five seasons. Do any of us feel a bit inadequate.
12/09/2011 11:28 AM
The 2011 winner of The Spooky Express Weisman Award is...
Matt Barkley, QB, USC.
I don't care if I'm called a Barkley jock sniffer. I really don't. The guy lived up to all of the expectations this season and then some. Hell, USC and their 65 scholarship players and no bowl eligibility are ranked FIFTH in the AP. That is amazing. The Trojans play primarily all Freshmen and Sophomores.
Matt Barkley threw for more yards, more touchdown passes, and less interceptions than Andrew Luck this year. All FACTS. Barkley had signature games on the road at both Notre Dame and Oregon. It actually boggles my mind that he didn't finish in the top 5 of the Heisman vote. In my opinion, he was the best player in college football this year. So congrats, Matt Barkley, on winning the 2011 Spooky Weisman Trophy.
And if you decide to go back to USC for your Senior season (as Matt Kalil is apparently doing for some dumb fucking reason even though he's a top 3 pick), I would love it.
So there you go. Another year of getting it right while the actual Heisman voters continually fuck it all up. I'm going to celebrate another year of being wise with some shots and beers at the Pub here In PSL.
Contact Us | About Us | Sitemap | Forum Sitemap | News Sitemap
US CITIZENS PLEASE NOTE: The information contained on this sports betting site is for news and entertainment purposes only. Check your state and/or country laws to know if nfl football betting is legal. We don't accept bets from, nor do we place bets for our patrons. Persons under 18 prohibited! Use of this information in contravention of any law is prohibited. Please review the Online Gambling Law for more details. All Sportsbook Reviews, Ratings of US Sportsbooks our of Our Opinion. Offers by Offshore Sportsbooks or Casinos advertising on this site are void in states or localities where prohibited by law. Only utilize their services if you can legally engage in non-domestically regulated sports wagering in your country or local jurisdiction.