You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security.
Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
11/26/2011 06:08 PM
11/26/2011 11:19 PM
11/27/2011 11:18 AM
Sunday's List of 13: Wrapping up a college sports Saturday.......
13) Alabama left no doubt that it belongs in the national title game, with a 42-14 pounding of Auburn in the Iron Bowl; if LSU beats Georgia in the SEC title game next week, national title game will be a rematch between the Crimson Tide and the Tigers. In New Orleans. There are some people who think LSU gets in the national title game even if they lose next week.
12) UNLV made 13-32 from arc, was +9 on boards as they upset North Carolina 90-80 at Orleans Arena. Job for Coach Dave Rice now becomes bringing his Rebels back down to earth; they leave Vegas for first time this coming week, visiting UCSB and Wichita State, two pretty good teams.
11) USC sent the Pac-12 and the rest of the country a loud message, with a 50-0 thumping of crosstown rival UCLA; next week's first-ever conference championship game, with UCLA-Oregon meeting, is a joke. Trojans were by far the best team in the Pac-12 South and should've been in that game. Conference wouldn't let them play because they're on probation.
10) Harvard beat Central Florida to win the Battle for Atlantis down in the Bahamas. Crimson is going to get a pretty good seed when they win the Ivy League. UConn won 3rd place game in OT over Florida State.
9) Kentucky ended a 26-year losing streak to Tennessee, beating the Vols 10-7 and keeping them from becoming bowl eligible.
8) Murray State beat Southern Mississippi 90-81 in double OT to win the Great Alaskan Shootout. Quite a game. Golden Eagles got to OT without ever having led in regulation, but they ran out of gas in the second OT.
7) 12-point underdog Maryland led 41-14 at NC State with 6:00 left in the third quarter; not only didn't they win, they didn't cover the spread, as the Wolfpack outscored Maryland 42-0 over the final 20:57.
6) San Diego State keeps winning basketball games, Aztecs escaped Santa Barbara with a 76-75 OT win Saturday night. Steve Fisher is milking a lot of wins out of a very young team.
5) Wisconsin beat up on Penn State 45-7, will face Michigan State in the first Big Dozen title game next weekend; Spartans won first matchup on a TD on the last play of the game in a tipped ball off a Hail Mary pass.
4) Illinois' first six games this year: 6-0, scoring 36.3 ppg.
Illinois' last six games this year: 0-6, scoring 11 ppg. Losing at Minnesota in the season finale is very bad for the coach's job security.
3) Vanderbilt is bowl eligible, a very big deal for them, as they won 41-7 at Wake Forest; freshman QB Jordan Rodgers (Aaron's brother) has been a big spark for the Commodores.
2) Baylor ran off 102 plays for 617 yards in a 66-42 massacre of Texas Tech-- Robert Griffin III was held out of the second half as a precaution after he got smacked in the head on a second quarter run, but Bears ran the ball for 360 yards. How the hell did Tech ever win at Oklahoma?
1) Clemson stumbles into the ACC title game against Virginia Tech with two straight losses; Tigers were outgained 420-153 in their 34-13 at South Carolina, Clemson's third straight loss to the Gamecocks.