You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security. Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
Saturday's Top 10: Our list of underrated/overrated things
10) Underrated—Very, very comfortable seats in the new movie theaters. Tremendous chairs, maybe the best chairs in America.
9) Overrated—Greedy bastards who own movie theaters charge $4 for thin box of M&M’s, little bit off the beaten path. This is why cargo pants were invented, people; sneak your own candy in.
8) Underrated—Hitting golf balls at the driving range; one of the great releases of frustration ever invented. If everyone who was having a bad day hit a bucket or two, we’d have a lot less violent crime, of this I’m sure.
7) Overrated—Actually playing golf and keeping score. Very difficult game to be good at. Even pros run to the driving range as soon as their competitive rounds are over. Way more fun to hit a bucket on the range and not have to chase after the bad shots.
6) Underrated-- Going to a bigtime college football game in the South, especially if you know someone who knows someone who has a flatscreen TV in the luggage compartment of their Winnebago, connected to a satellite dish, so you can sit outside all day and watch TV and eat fried chicken and talk about football. Highly underrated I am sure.
5) Overrated— The college football package on DirecTV is the worst of the pay-packages with the dish. Not enough games to justify the expense.
4) Underrated—Taking the subway to Fenway Park in Boston from the suburbs. Good experience, but you take a cab back to the suburbs after the game.
3) Overrated—Saratoga Race Course—Billed as “The August place to be” by the NYRA, Saratoga has degenerated into an over-commercialized snackbar/swap meet for six weeks every summer. Races are a half hour apart, the quality of racing has gone way downhill, because the state of New York can and does screw up everything. Have not been there in years but still.
2) Underrated—Walking around Manhattan between Thanksgiving and Christmas. That is something I will miss living in Florida.
1) Overrated— Change of seasons in general and weather in particular. People say snow looks nice on Christmas cards; whatever. Cold weather sucks. Period. And I am so glad to be in Florida now
Okay...I am loving a game today but my big buddy Rock is all over it as well so I am not gonna post it here. If you want the information send an email or private message to The Rock. He supplies the forum with so many great winners over the years that its only fair. For the rest of some Spooky stuff
Guys didnt mean to confuse anyone, but Rock has been posting here for a long time and has been at all the forums that Spooky has been over the years. A long time friend almost 2 decades and I am not going to pass along something that he shared with me.
So send him a private message right here from the forum if you dont have his email.
Many of you guys are asking but many of you guys dont even post much here at the forum. Two way street guys.
Post more and maybe we can get Rock to post more of his winning selections.
Plus bowl season is coming up with Spooky so ya never know.