Friday's List of 13: Things I'm looking for this weekend....
13) Will Giants put the Eagles out of their misery Sunday night? Philly won its last four visits to the Swamp, scoring 45-38 points in last two.
12) In the last five weeks, USC has been an underdog of 7-9-15 points. When was the last time that happened? They beat Notre Dame and took Stanford to OT; interesting to see what they do with the high-flying Ducks in Eugene.
11) Ravens-Bengals is a big game Sunday; curious to see how many carries Ray Rice gets. He only had five in Seattle. Cincy has a history of playing the Ravens tough.
10) Vanderbilt is favored to win in Neyland Stadium? Someone wearing orange pants has some recruitin’ to do.
9) Miami is 2-7 but has played very well the last two games; Buffalo is 5-4, but has gotten waxed the last two weeks. Can the Bills keep their season alive with a road win?
8) BYU hosts New Mexico State this week, while rumors swirl that the Cougars are headed to the Big East for football. Last time I checked, BYU was in Utah. Boise State is in Idaho. Can we at least make them change the name of the league?
7) Sunday night’s NFL wrapup show on NFL Network, after the NBC game, is always good, because Deion Sanders/Michael Irvin make it good. Their egos are so big they don’t suck up to (most) people, so when Irvin was asked if he could be happy playing for a Denver team that completed two passes last week, Irvin thought about and said something to the effect of “No!!! I have to feed my kids!!!” Good stuff.
6) Kansas State may be setting a record for most times a good team has been an underdog in one season. Wildcats are 8-2; will they be an underdog in their bowl game too?
5) How do the Vikings bounce back from their Monday night tank job in Lambeau? Oakland has four extra days to prepare this week, since they played on Thursday last week.
4) Rough week for QB’s last week; Schaub-Vick-Big Ben-Cassel all broke bones. Tyler Palko makes his first NFL start Monday night in Foxboro. Good luck there.
3) How will Penn State get treated in their first game away from home? Nittany Lions can still somehow get to the Rose Bowl; am guessing the people in Pasadena would just as soon that didn't happen.
2) Titans have beaten Atlanta five times in a row, but when Bud Adams visits the Georgia Dome, I’m sure he thinks back to January 2000, when the Titans lost Super Bowl XXXIV in Atlanta by one yard.
1) Is it me, or has this college football season been very flat so far? Just not many great moments or great games. Only three Saturdays left; which game will be the best this weekend?
19 of 48 lined games have a single-digit spread. Oklahoma-Baylor could be fun, if the Bears’ defense can make a couple tackles.
Stop by to sign up for BetDSI and Bookmaker
Click here to sign up for WAGERWEB
Click here for all your Amazon products:
Click here for all your fantasy sport needs: