– Bo Jackson is so cool. Blake Leeper was born with his legs ending at the knees. Today, he’s a Paralympian, earning medals in the 2012 Paralympic Games and 2013 IPC World Championships. Also relevant: he loves Bo Jackson. Jackson, the legendary two-sport athlete who continued his MLB career even after a hip replacement, helped motivate Leeper to become a Paralympic athlete. During Leeper’s appearance on The Arsenio Hall Show, Arsenio Hall surprised Leeper by bringing out his idol. Leeper’s face is priceless when he realizes what the hell’s happening. (Skip to the three-minute mark for the payoff if you’re an impatient person.) See below.
– Rogers Communications in Canada made a 12-year, $5.2B deal with the NHL to broadcast hockey throughout Canada; this includes all platforms, languages, so that’s a lot of cash being injected into the NHL’s economy. Still hard to believe the league has teams in Phoenix/Raleigh/ Nashville but not in Hamilton/Quebec City/Saskatoon or even a second team in Toronto.
– Do you think Mark Sanchez watches Jets games and laughs up his sleeve, as in, “Bet you wished I was playing now, suckers…..”? I’m telling you, up until Flacco/Ryan in 2008, rookie QBs just didn’t play this early in their careers and in this case, I’m thinking its not a positive change.
– Going into Tuesday’s NBA games, there were 17 teams over .500; 13 of the 17 are in the West. So if the playoffs started today, four sub-.500 teams would make the playoffs, five teams over .500 would miss out. This will correct itself for the most part, between now and April, but wow, the east has been terrible so far.
– Green Bay Packers’ guard Josh Sitton had this to say about this week’s opponents, the Detroit Lions:
“They go after quarterbacks, their entire defense takes cheap shots all the time. That’s what they do, that’s who they are. They’re a bunch of dirtbags or scumbags. I mean, that’s just how they play.” Sitton is number 71 for the Packers; they play the early game Thursday. Lets hope the Detroit Lions can shut him up on the field and scoreboard tomorrow. Roar!!
– Speaking of which, if a TV network owns the rights to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and airs it before Thanksgiving, they should be forced by federal law to let another network televise this classic program in December where it belongs.
– Cleveland Browns signed QB Alex Tanney, who threw 157 TD passes at D-III Monmouth; you know the QB pool is getting thin when kids who didn’t get a college scholarship are getting put on rosters.
– Northern Illinois football team wore uniforms Tuesday with “The Hard Way” on the back, where the names usually are. Not sure who thought this was a good idea, but I would disagree with them.
– I’m already tired of some college hoop analysts whining about the length of games; if you don’t like it, quit and go get a real job. Players, coaches will adjust, there will be less fouling and a better game will result. You get the feeling some coaches are using analysts as mouthpieces to get their opinions heard.
– Redskins’ biggest question heading into the offseason: Can regain Robert Griffin III his speed and become a dual threat QB again? He can’t even scramble out of bounds right now; its not pretty to watch. If he can’t run, he’s really not an NFL-caliber QB, certainly not a starter.
– Last year at this time, critics were sniping at the Rams for not drafting RGIII and instead grabbing four draft picks for his slot in the draft, the last of which is Washington 1st round pick next April. Haven’t heard anything from those critics in a while. That’s the thing about critics; its easy to hide in the bushes when you’re wrong. Lot harder to be in the spotlight, making difficult decisions. In this case, with Redskins 3-8, looks like the Rams made a great decision.
– Please be careful traveling today; lot of bad weather around the country. Want everyone to have a healthy and happy holiday, so be careful.
Stop by to sign up for BetDSI and Bookmaker
Click here to sign up for WAGERWEB
Click here for all your Amazon products:
Click here for all your fantasy sport needs: