You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security.
Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
10/26/2011 09:02 AM
-- Jim Tressel works as a consultant for the Colts; seems like a natural to take over as head coach if Jim Irsay cans Coach Caldwell.
-- The Kerry Collins era in Indianapolis won't be remembered fondly, if it remembered at all.
-- Isn't West Virginia an improvement over Missouri for the Big 12 in both football and basketball?
-- NHL hasn't decided whether its players will take part in the next Oympic Games, which are in Russia; sounds like they don't want to stop the regular for two weeks, unless Olympics are in North America.
-- Red Sox solved the John Lackey problem; Lackey will have surgery on his elbow and will miss the 2012 season. Interesting to see if Boston fans will still hate him in '13.
-- How badly does FOX want the Cardinals to win Wednesday to force a Game 7, which always brings good TV ratings?
10/26/2011 09:04 AM
Wednesday's Ten Pack: Nobody asked me, but.......
10) What happened with the Cardinal bullpen Monday is both stupid and inconceivable; how about text messaging as well as communicating by the bullpen phone? Its a billion dollar industry and that happens? How does the dugout not have a TV monitor so you can see the bullpens, like they do in Toronto? 9-year olds commnicate by text; it isn't that hard.
9) If the Rangers win the World Series, they'll be the 10th different club to win the World Series in the last 11 years; Red Sox are only team to win it twice since turn of the century, and they just sent both their manager and GM packing because of one lousy month. Go figure.
8) Six NFL teams made quarterback changes last week, for various reasons and Denver was only team that won (they trailed 15-0 with 3:00 left). For investment purposes, Seattle either pushed/covered, so you went 5-1 or 4-1-1 vs spread if you played against these teams.
7) USC LB Chris Galippo: "When they didn't call those timeouts, they just quit. That's what Notre Dame football is all about." Very surprised USC won that game so easily Saturday; even more surprised USC ran the last 6:43 of the game out without throwing a single pass.
6) At what point will NBA players realize they can't win in this dispute, and the longer it lasts, the more they lose? Agents already know it, but their careers are longer than players'; they can withstand a long standoff.
5) All I want when the NBA finally begins is that high school kids can go to the pros right out of high school, if they're good enough. The farce of great players going to college for one year doesn't help anyone. From all I've heard, this seems to be something both sides agree on.
4) Wonder how many kids who came out of college last year to play pro ball are regretting not staying in school? Should have stayed in school, as there might not be an NBA this year. Kids could've worked on improving their games, got better, then made more money? Oh well.......
3) Wonder how much it helps these Sun Belt teams in terms of recruiting to play these nationally televised Tuesday night games in front of 5,000 or so fans? Not the greatest atmosphere to play in, but on the other hand, they are on national television.
2) I'll say this about the Baltimore Ravens; once the defense starts with public complaints about the offense, things seldom end well. If a team is divided, they've got no shot. And this is before the halfway point of the season, and they've only lost two games. Not good.
1) First college basketball games that count are November 7, only 12 days away; ESPN has 24 hours of basketball eight days later. Things move lot more quickly these days; college hoop could conceivably start 11 days after the World Series ends.
10/26/2011 09:07 AM
10/26/2011 09:17 AM
I LOVE COLLEGE HOOPS!!
10/26/2011 10:43 AM
10/26/2011 02:09 PM
10/26/2011 02:57 PM
10/26/2011 05:23 PM
10/26/2011 05:27 PM
Here we go with some great bowling action for tonight.
I will be on the lanes fighting for first place with the World Series and football game on and around.
So dont like to do too much on bowling night and we already have a huge series wager on Rangers.
So lets stick with the football for a small play. Should be a low scoring game as well. Who knows.
Both teams suck.
CONNECTICUT +11 (buy pt)
10/27/2011 09:25 AM
Odds on teams to win Super Bowl; opening odds and current:
11-4-- Green Bay Packers-- Opened at 6-1. The favorite now.
4-1-- New England Patriots-- Opened at 13-2. Big game this week.
7-1-- Baltimore Ravens-- Opened 15-1. Offense has been awful.
7-1-- New Orleans Saints-- Sproles for Bush was major upgrade.
12-1-- San Diego Chargers-- Trying to sweep Chiefs Monday nite.
13-1-- Pittsburgh Steelers-- Playing much better of late.