– The D.C. Council by a 10-0 vote urged the Washington Redskins to change their name.
– Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has a fractured collarbone (non-throwing arm.) He sustained it in the Packers loss to Chicago Monday night. Rodgers is hopeful he won’t miss much time.
– Former Pittsburgh Pirates manager Lloyd McClendon is the new Seattle Mariners manager.
– 86-year-old Joy Johnson from San Jose, the oldest female to complete Sunday’s New York City Marathon, died a day after finishing the race.
– It looks like the end of the line for the Astrodome in Houston. Voters yesterday turned down a bid to refurbish it and now the “8th Wonder of the World” will be demolished. But what great memories. Houston vs. UCLA (The Game of the Century), The Battle of the Sexes. The classic Mets/Astros playoff game in 1986 that wouldn’t end. Yes domes are terrible for baseball. That’s why there’s only one left in the Major Leagues. So, bye-bye Astrodome. But thanks for the memories and remember it was Mickey Mantle who hit the first homer in that building.
– And now the flip side to bullying in sports. You’ve seen special touchdowns before, now check this one out below. What makes this one special is not so much what the touchdown did for the special needs high school kid, but what it did for his teammates. How awesome is this.
<embed src="http://cnettv.cnet.com/av/video/cbsnews/atlantis2/cbsnews_player_embed.swf" scale="noscale" salign="lt" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" background="#333333" width="425" height="279" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" FlashVars="si=254&&contentValue=50157892&shareUrl=http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57609427/mich-middle-school-football-team-conspires-for-touching-touchdown/" />
Check out more news at Spooky Express News
Stop by to sign up for BetDSI and Bookmaker
Click here to sign up for WAGERWEB
Click here for all your Amazon products:
Click here for all your fantasy sport needs: