You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security. Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
Atlanta vs. Chi Cubs
3 : 4
Washington vs. Philadelphia
07/11/2014 07:05 PM
ML: WSH (-150) Total: 7½
Miami vs. NY Mets
07/11/2014 07:10 PM
ML: NYM (-117) Total: 7
Detroit vs. Kansas City
07/11/2014 08:10 PM
ML: DET (-127) Total: 8½
-- Would be curious to hear what Jim Leyland has to offer in the TV broadcast booth, especially with Tim McCarver retiring from FOX after the World Series. Can you smoke in the broadcast booth? Leyland used to chain smoke in the dugout before MLB banned it.
-- Key stat in Jets’ win over New England: Patriots converted 1 of 12 third down plays, Jets were 11-21. Those are very strong numbers for a Jet team that is way better than anyone thought they would be.
-- Credit to Jet coaches for seeing that New England used that push tactic against the Saints and even though it wasn’t called then and had never been called in the NFL (it’s a new rule), they pointed it out to the refs and it got them a big win. That’s one time you can look at the coaches and know they pulled their team over the finish line first with a key piece of strategy.
-- Bronx Bombers offered free agent 2B Robinson Cano $138M for eight years ($17.25M/year); he is asking for $305M for ten years. Dodgers just signed Cuban IF Alexander Guerrero, so will be hard for Scott Boras to use LA as leverage against the Bombers in negotiations.
-- Miami Hurricanes got off easy from the NCAA, losing three football scholarships, one basketball scholarship for each of the next three seasons, but they can go bowling this year, which is huge for their recruiting, especially since doing so well on the field. Missouri basketball coach Frank Haith, who was at Miami when most of this stuff happened, got a five-game suspension; I’m guessing he is relieved.
-- Dodgers fired bench coach Trey Hillman, which doesn't bode well for Don Mattingly, since bench coach/manager are usually closely linked. Mattingly wants a multi-year extension; they obviously aren't offering one.
10/26/2013 10:55 AM
Spooky's Saturday Money Shot Thoughts.....
– Talked earlier this week about Tim Lincecum getting a baffling $35M for two years from the Giants; read an explanation online that made very little sense. Of all the pitchers who threw 300+ innings in 2012-13, Lincecum had the 4th-worst ERA, yet he rakes in major bucks. Who cares if someone else signs him?
– Put it this way: the six starting pitchers Tampa Bay used the most this season earned a total of $18,056,900 this year; Oakland’s six starters earned $10,725,000. That’s why the A’s/Rays win; they spend their money more efficiently, even if they do have a lot less of it.
– When Jason Campbell starts Sunday’s game for Cleveland, he becomes the Browns’ third starting QB this year and their 20th starting QB since they started playing again in 1999.
– Florida Gulf Coast took advantage of last year’s Sweet 16 appearance by signing a 3-star recruit, 6-1 G Zach Johnson; not too many Atlantic Sun teams sign 3-star recruits, so good for them. FGCU will be on TV a few times this fall, including the first night of the season November 8.
– Speaking of which, Georgetown-Oregon are opening the season with a game in South Korea, I’m assuming on an Army base. Hoyas tried to play Florida last year on the deck of a ship, but excess moisture forced the game to be called at halftime.
– Jets are only NFL team with a winning record that’s been outscored this season. Only part that matters there is the winning record part.
– If you own the Vikings and you see four different quarterbacks starting in a 7-game stretch, do you really believe your employees know what they are doing?
– Very cool piece on YouTube about Northwestern’s basketball team, now coached by Chris Collins (son of Doug, friend of Coach K). Collins is talking to the team about how one kid has worked harder than anyone in the Wildcats’ practices, and he calls walk-on James Montgomery to the front of the room, where he tells the team that James is now on scholarship and everyone yells, cheers and hugs the kid. Then they show James calling his mother on his IPhone and you can hear his mother/sister cheering/screaming/crying on the phone. Touching stuff. A scholarship to Northwestern is serious money. Good for James.
Contact Us | About Us | Sitemap | Forum Sitemap | News Sitemap
US CITIZENS PLEASE NOTE: The information contained on this sports betting site is for news and entertainment purposes only. Check your state and/or country laws to know if nfl football betting is legal. We don't accept bets from, nor do we place bets for our patrons. Persons under 18 prohibited! Use of this information in contravention of any law is prohibited. Please review the Online Gambling Law for more details. All Sportsbook Reviews, Ratings of US Sportsbooks our of Our Opinion. Offers by Offshore Sportsbooks or Casinos advertising on this site are void in states or localities where prohibited by law. Only utilize their services if you can legally engage in non-domestically regulated sports wagering in your country or local jurisdiction.