You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security.
Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
10/18/2011 12:02 PM
10/18/2011 12:05 PM
GOTTA LOVE THEM AUSSIES
10/18/2011 12:06 PM
10/18/2011 12:08 PM
10/18/2011 09:12 PM
Sorry guys for not getting back online Tuesday. Tornado watch here tonight. Gotta love Florida.
It aint Kansas.
Hump Day Dirty Dozen: Nobody asked me, but..........
12) Turns out that the Raiders tried very hard to trade for John Elway back in 1983, but the Bears wouldn’t help them out with a 3-way deal with Baltimore because Bear management couldn’t stand Al Davis.
11) A guy in Vegas risked $9,500 to win $380, betting the Lions wouldn’t go 16-0 this season; seems like a lot to risk to win a little, but what real chance did Detroit have of going 16-0? Guy already cashed his ticket, a relatively easy $380.
10) In their last three games, Florida Gators have been outscored 41-8 in the second half; their coach looks like he’s one bad play from a nervous breakdown. Man needs to calm down.
9) This isn’t a great year for QB’s in the SEC; Tennessee’s Tyler Bray was probably the best of the lot, before he broke his thumb. Wilson kid at Arkansas and the Murray kid at Georgia are pretty good. Still not sure how good McCarron is at Alabama; we’ll find out when they play LSU November 5. League-wide though, QB play has been pretty poor.
8) Texas Longhorns are basically refusing to play Texas A&M in football until at least 2018; that’s the Aggies’ “punishment” for bolting to SEC.
7) St John’s held open basketball tryouts at 6am Sunday, because they’re down to eight scholarship players, and need 3-6 walk-ons, just so they can hold normal 5-on-5 practices. 26 kids tried out, including a 26-year old who went into the service right out of high school.
6) Why would USC agree to play a night game this Saturday at Notre Dame? October 22 in Indiana the weather could be dismal, which would hurt the Trojans. Are they that hungry for primetime TV exposure?
5) Google Wagner basketball and watch the kid on the basketball team dunk over his standing mother at their Midnight Madness practice. Poor woman stands in the lane facing the basket and BAM, her son jumps right over her and dunks. What if he missed?
4) Curt Schilling thinks Red Sox players will get booed next Opening Day; would this be a first? Even the Cubs don’t get booed on Opening Day.
3) 20% of the Cardinals’ active roster was on different teams as late as July 26. St Louis starting pitchers tossed only 46% of the innings in the Milwaukee series, lowest percentage ever for a team that won a best-of-7 series. Texas has a better lineup than the Brewers do.
2) Dodger owner Frank McCourt gave his wife $130M to go away, and she relinquished any claim to the baseball team; now we’ll see how much cash it will take for Bud Selig to get rid of Frank McCourt. My guess is it will be a lot more than $130M.
1) Congrats to both sides on Raider-Bengal trade; Cincinnati gets better in the long run, adding two quality draft picks, while the Raiders keep hope alive this season by adding a quality QB. Especially happy for Cincinnati fans-- it was just stupid to hold Palmer hostage and not trade him.
10/18/2011 11:51 PM
Odds to win the World Series MVP:
5-1-- Albert Pujols-- Rangers can’t let him beat them.
6-1-- Josh Hamilton-- Has one of the most unique careers in big league history.
7-1-- Nelson Cruz-- The new Mr October?
8-1-- Matt Holliday-- Was in World Series with Rockies in 2007.
8-1-- Michael Young—Consummate pro; changed positions three times to help his team.
10-1-- David Freese—No one was hotter than Freese last week.
10-1-- Lance Berkman-- Rangers tried to trade for him in August, when Cardinals were 10.5 games out.
10/18/2011 11:52 PM
World Series time and lets hope for a great series. As an A's fan and seeing how dominant the Rangers bullpen was for the most part I am sticking with them to get this series done in 6 games. Maybe even 5.
TEXAS RANGERS WORLD SERIES WINNER
10/18/2011 11:53 PM
10/18/2011 11:53 PM
10/18/2011 11:54 PM