– Texas A&M upset Alabama last year, on its way to winning its freshman QB a Heisman Trophy; now Alabama comes looking for revenge, having covered 15 of its last 21 as a road favorite, but with an inexperienced OL. Interesting game.
– 49ers-Seahawks is the Sunday night game, an intense rivalry, in part because the coaches don’t like each other. Harbaugh’s Stanford Cardinal once upset Carroll’s USC team as a 42-point underdog, and that is not a misprint. 42-point dog.
– South Carolina lost between the hedges last week against Georgia, now host a Vanderbilt squad that isn’t a pushover anymore. “They have fast guys now. They never used to have fast guys” was Spurrier’s comment after last years game in Nashville.
– Terrelle Pryor’s first road start wasn’t bad, 217 passing yards, 112 more on ground. Now Oakland is a 6-point home favorite over a Jacksonville squad that didn’t score a point on offense last week. How many times will the Raiders be favored to win this year? Big opportunity for both sides.
– Chip Kelly’s offense ran 53 plays Monday night, just in first half, then took foot off gas pedal in second half; will McCoy get 31 carries again? Can Vick stay healthy for 16 games playing at this pace? Chargers looked awful against Houston’s no-huddle offense late Monday night, not a good sign for this game.
-- UCLA visits Nebraska after upsetting the Cornhuskers 36-30 (+5) LY; both teams have experienced QBs. Mora probably has coaching edge, but the Huskers covered seven of last nine as a home favorite.
– Texas fired its DC after one dreadful game last week; former Syracuse coach Greg Robinson, never considered much of a mastermind, is his replacement. How are the defensive players supposed to react when their coach gets canned after one bad game? This doesn’t happen much in college ball, I’m looking forward to see how the Texas defense plays against a pretty good Ole Miss team that the Longhorns pounded 66-31 LY.
– Andy Reid might win AFC Coach of the Year before September ends; his Chiefs host a Dallas squad coming off a big divisional win but with Tony Romo’s ribs hurting. This is a tough game for Cowboys to win. Arrowhead crowd will be very loud. After 14 years in black, Reid looks odd wearing red.
– Bengals are -7 over the Steelers Monday night, most point they’ve been favored by in this series since 1989. Pitt is crippled on offensive line with C Pouncey out for year. Hard to win with a crippled OL.
– This is probably last time the Manning brothers play each other, unless they meet in a Super Bowl; Giant defense was porous last week, now faces a QB who threw seven TD passes last week. Eli also threw seven TDs, just that two of the seven went to the Cowboys. John Fox is an old Giant assistant. Front running nitwits will start questioning Coughlin if Denver makes Big Blue 0-2. Archie Manning is probably playing the over. So am I.
-- Washington bashed Boise State at home, now goes to Chicago with its senior QB to face an Illinois squad that pummeled Cincinnati at home last week. Pretty good intersectional game.
Stop by to sign up for BetDSI and Bookmaker
Click here to sign up for WAGERWEB
Click here for all your Amazon products:
Click here for all your fantasy sport needs: