You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security. Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
10/11/2011 06:34 PM
Well a very very quiet day in sports. Not much happening outside the playoff game. Nothing I am really crazy about but for the love of the game going to play some small kit kats on the baseball. Just for the hell of it.
10/12/2011 02:58 PM
Another winner last night. Not gonna be around much the next couple of days with some surgery going on so do your best not to miss me and pick some winners.
Wednesday's Lucky Eleven: Random mid-week thoughts.......
11) What is TCU basketball coach Jim Christian telling his recruits? First of all, the Horned Frogs aren’t any good in Mountain West, then they were moving to deep waters of the faraway Big East, but now, without coming within a year of their first Big East game, they’ve already jumped to the Big 12, whose waters are equally deep but the travel is way easier. Christian is going to have a hard time keeping his job for long in that league, unless he suddenly becomes a bigtime recruiter.
10) For my handicapping purposes, it’s be great if every league was ten teams and played a home/home series like the Big X is doing this year. Pac-12 isn’t doing it anymore; looks like 12 teams is going to wind up more the norm. Anything is better than 16-team leagues.
9) When the NBA re-appears, they should re-engineer the whole league. Cut the schedule to 64 teams to create a better product so teams can occasionally practice. Cut ticket prices. Make league more middle class friendly, or at least somewhat so. Awful lot of empty seats at these games the last few years. I know, this has zero chance of ever happening.
8) This will sound silly coming from someone who gets tired running to the mailbox, but do people realize that running a marathon is unhealthy? Its bad for you to run that far all at once- the guy in Greek mythology, who ran the original 26 miles to save the Athenian Army in Battle of Marathon? He dropped dead after finishing his run. A 35-year old fireman in Chicago died running a marathon Sunday. He freakin' died. ‘nuff said.
7) Since 2001, NFL favorites of more than 7 points are 89-90 vs spread in Games 1-5, 161-200-3 in Games 6-14, 47-49-1 in Games 15-16.
6) If I managed a big league baseball team, I’d want a staff member monitoring the game on TV, just in case they could pick something up from TV that you couldn’t see from the dugout. Never hurts to have an extra pair of eyes.
5) Buffalo Bills are already +11 in turnovers; they’ve had a positive ratio in every game so far this season. Want to see how they do in a game when they don’t win the turnover battle.
4) NFL red flags: Lions have 21 penalties for 169 yards in their last two games……..Texans have been outscored in the second half of every game this season.
3) Very surprised to read that baseball teams are going to be more vigilant on monitoring the conditioning of their players during the offseason. Guess my surprise is that its necessary- you’d think with the big money these guys make, they’d keep themselves in shape year-round.
2) If you use trends to handicap the NFL, one of the big obstacles to success is deciding when a team has broken through and rendered their past useless. Looks like the Lions are doing that this season, and the Bills might be too, though still not 100% sold on Buffalo. Detroit is a nasty team with some good offensive weapons. They’re legitimately good.
1) As always, the real loser in the NBA debacle is the little guy, the beer vendor, waiter, bus driver, limo driver, ticket seller who needs his job to make ends meet, but might lose it because millionaires can’t agree on how to split the pie. Just terrific.
Contact Us | About Us | Sitemap | Forum Sitemap | News Sitemap
US CITIZENS PLEASE NOTE: The information contained on this sports betting site is for news and entertainment purposes only. Check your state and/or country laws to know if nfl football betting is legal. We don't accept bets from, nor do we place bets for our patrons. Persons under 18 prohibited! Use of this information in contravention of any law is prohibited. Please review the Online Gambling Law for more details. All Sportsbook Reviews, Ratings of US Sportsbooks our of Our Opinion. Offers by Offshore Sportsbooks or Casinos advertising on this site are void in states or localities where prohibited by law. Only utilize their services if you can legally engage in non-domestically regulated sports wagering in your country or local jurisdiction.