6) Guy named Jon Gordon writes books/gives seminars on team building for companies; he talks about companies having a no-complaint rule, where people aren’t allowed to bitch unless they come up with a solution to what they’re bitching about. Interesting concept. Something I have been telling my wife about for years.
5) North Carolina governor Pat McCrory says kids in public schools take too many tests. Where was this guy when I was in school?
4) Former Oklahoma QB Rhett Bomar was trying to land a spot in the CFL, but tore his Achilles tendon, so he’ll be coaching QBs at Orange Grove HS in Texas (his alma mater) this season, as he rehabs his leg. And trust me I know about ruptured achilles tendons.
Bomar played for the Sooners, got booted for having an illegal summer job, then played at Sam Houston State and was with the Giants for a while. Its hard to make it in the NFL.
3) White Sox-Mariners played that bizarre 16-inning game Wednesday; Seattle played same eight position players the whole game. That’s DH-baseball; no need to ever make a double switch or employ much strategy, and with Justin Smoak on the DL, Seattle hasn’t been platooning as much either.
One piece of strategy Seattle used was to walk Adam Dunn intentionally three times; Dunn is batting .158 this season.
2) Random stats for the weekend:
There have been 39 complete games pitched in major leagues this year; Cardinals have five of them. 14 teams don’t have any CGs, including the Pirates, even though they’ve tossed nine shutouts.
Pittsburgh pitchers have plunked 32 batters, most in MLB; Seattle pitchers have hit the fewest (9) hitters.
Miami has issued the most intentional walks (28), Red Sox the least (3).
1) You watch an NHL playoff game on TV, and you’re hearing the best play-by-play man in sports, Mike Emrick; no one captures the excitement of an event better than Emrick. It must be fun to be that good at your job.
Stop by to sign up for BetDSI and Bookmaker
Click here to sign up for WAGERWEB
Click here for all your Amazon products:
Click here for all your fantasy sport needs: