You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security. Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
6) Guy named Jon Gordon writes books/gives seminars on team building for companies; he talks about companies having a no-complaint rule, where people aren’t allowed to bitch unless they come up with a solution to what they’re bitching about. Interesting concept. Something I have been telling my wife about for years.
5) North Carolina governor Pat McCrory says kids in public schools take too many tests. Where was this guy when I was in school?
4) Former Oklahoma QB Rhett Bomar was trying to land a spot in the CFL, but tore his Achilles tendon, so he’ll be coaching QBs at Orange Grove HS in Texas (his alma mater) this season, as he rehabs his leg. And trust me I know about ruptured achilles tendons.
Bomar played for the Sooners, got booted for having an illegal summer job, then played at Sam Houston State and was with the Giants for a while. Its hard to make it in the NFL.
3) White Sox-Mariners played that bizarre 16-inning game Wednesday; Seattle played same eight position players the whole game. That’s DH-baseball; no need to ever make a double switch or employ much strategy, and with Justin Smoak on the DL, Seattle hasn’t been platooning as much either.
One piece of strategy Seattle used was to walk Adam Dunn intentionally three times; Dunn is batting .158 this season.
2) Random stats for the weekend:
There have been 39 complete games pitched in major leagues this year; Cardinals have five of them. 14 teams don’t have any CGs, including the Pirates, even though they’ve tossed nine shutouts.
Pittsburgh pitchers have plunked 32 batters, most in MLB; Seattle pitchers have hit the fewest (9) hitters.
Miami has issued the most intentional walks (28), Red Sox the least (3).
1) You watch an NHL playoff game on TV, and you’re hearing the best play-by-play man in sports, Mike Emrick; no one captures the excitement of an event better than Emrick. It must be fun to be that good at your job.
Another winner last night and lets throw out a couple here. Also back in the day the Oakland A's won 20 games in a row. And I was on them in almost every game. Well they have been on another tear and indeed been on them for many of the games. So not going to stop now since I have such a nice cushion playing them the past month.
Well I guess I should have selected the Black Hawks as the pick yesterday as I did on the facebook page but we still came away with a split. Today lets split it up again but in a different sort of way. Really like the Over in the NBA game tonight although I suck with baskets usually. I see a more wide open game tonight and Lebron will be taking it to the basket a bit more to draw a few more free throws with the clock stopped.
The A's have struggled when playing during the daylight but have kicked ass at night, but all their games against the White Sox have been low scoring. May happen again today.