13) Some lucky human in Florida bought the winning Powerball ticket; hope it was one of your relatives cause it wasnt me :(
Hope the person changes his/her cellphone number as soon as they can, otherwise they’ll wind up with new friends and new relatives they’ve never heard of. Guaranteed. Funny thing I bought my ticket in Florida and also bought it at a Publix supermarket. Just not the same Publix and not the same ticket.
12) Pacers took 46 foul shots, Knicks 18 in Indiana’s 106-99 win that KO’s New York from the playoffs. JR Smith killed the Knicks with a dreadful shooting night (4-15) – its a victory for fans who like real basketball, as opposed to “clear out and watch two guys shoot” basketball– Heroball. He was no different in the travel league where my son played on the same team.
11) Home teams are now 7-1 in second round of NHL playoffs after Red Wings upset Chicago 4-1; Sharks scored a power play goal in OT to beat the Kings 2-1. San Jose had a two-man advantage in OT, just before the winning goal was scored. The loss snaps LA’s six-game winning streak.
10) Who is the major leagues’ most durable player? Try Prince Fielder, with 385 consecutive games played; in his whole career, Fielder has been the DH only 22 times. He’s highly productive and dependable.
9) Indians won 13 of their last 17 games after an 11-13 start.
8) In the playoffs so far, Indiana Pacers are +73 when George Hill is on the floor, -37 when he is on the bench.
7) Rays’ pitcher Alex Cobb grew up in Vero Beach, FL and was often a batboy at Dodgers’ spring training. Still dont understand why they never did anything more with playing spring training in Vero.
6) UCLA basketball coach Steve Alford (still feels weird typing that) has to pay New Mexico, his last employer, $625,000 as the settlement for him to break his contract with the Lobos.
5) OK, so Pauley Pavilion seats less than 14,000 people? For whatever reason, I always thought it was way bigger than that.
4) Why do the Mets insist on batting Ike Davis 4th? Its bad enough he still starts, but cleanup? He’s pathetic; there are rumors the Mets will look at Daric Barton as a replacement if Davis gets sent down. Oakland DFA’d Barton Saturday, when Chris Young came off the DL.
3) Guess the weather in Toronto has been cruddy; Saturday was first time in 2013 they ran horse races on the turf course at Woodbine Park.
2) Let me get this straight; Charlotte Bobcats were once an expansion team in the NBA- they moved to New Orleans, and changed their name to Pelicans. The new team in Charlotte is called the Bobcats because their original owner’s name is Bob, but he’s gone now, so they want to become the Hornets.
Strange this is.
1) Why isn’t Greg Popovich our Olympic basketball coach? He’s won four NBA titles, he went to US Air Force Academy, he is highly respected as a leader. Seems like he deserves a chance to do it.
Stop by to sign up for BetDSI and Bookmaker
Click here to sign up for WAGERWEB
Click here for all your Amazon products:
Click here for all your fantasy sport needs: