Saturday’s Elite Eight: Random thoughts with Mother’s Day weekend here....
8) MLB suspended umpire Fieldin Culbreth two games for screwing up the rules in Houston Thursday night; seriously, the Astros should suspend manager Bo Porter for not knowing the rule, either.
7) Order was restored in the NBA, with road teams that are favored to win their series taking charge Friday night.
6) Georgia Tech loses guard Brandon Reed, who started 43 games the last two years for Tech after transferring from Arkansas State. Reed lost lot of his playing time LY to a freshman, so he is reading handwriting on the wall.
5) Eight of thirty starting pitchers Friday didn’t finish the 5th inning.
4) Last thirteen Tampa Bay Ray games went over the total.
3) Cubs pitcher Jeff Samardzija is 0-5, 5.31 in his last seven starts since throwing eight shutout innings on Opening Day.
2) Odd fact that bothers me: in December 1989, Washington waxed Florida in the now-defunct Freedom Bowl in Anaheim; since then, there has been only one bowl game between Pac-12/SEC teams. One in 23 years. Why?
1) Rough year to be a baseball manager in LA; Angels are 13-22, even after winning their last two games. Dodgers are 13-21, losers of their last eight games. Who gets canned first, Mattingly or Scioscia?
Stop by to sign up for BetDSI and Bookmaker
Click here to sign up for WAGERWEB
Click here for all your Amazon products:
Click here for all your fantasy sport needs: