You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security. Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
Happy Thanksgiving from BangtheBook and Spooky Express to everyone here at the best forum in the world.
Thankful to everyone here in supporting us every year and blessings to each and everyone.
Be safe and have an awesome Thanksgiving holiday.
Fresno State vs. Boise State, 10/17/2014 20:00
Boise State -17/-105
Units: 5 of 10
Fresno State vs. Boise State, 10/17/2014 20:00
Units: 2 of 10
Temple vs. Houston, 10/17/2014 21:00
Units: 6 of 10
Temple vs. Houston, 10/17/2014 21:00
Units: 2 of 10
To see more of jimmythegreek's plays click here.
Spooky Express Random Thoughts and Happy Chanukah
– Bo Jackson is so cool. Blake Leeper was born with his legs ending at the knees. Today, he’s a Paralympian, earning medals in the 2012 Paralympic Games and 2013 IPC World Championships. Also relevant: he loves Bo Jackson. Jackson, the legendary two-sport athlete who continued his MLB career even after a hip replacement, helped motivate Leeper to become a Paralympic athlete. During Leeper’s appearance on The Arsenio Hall Show, Arsenio Hall surprised Leeper by bringing out his idol. Leeper’s face is priceless when he realizes what the hell’s happening. (Skip to the three-minute mark for the payoff if you’re an impatient person.) See below.
– Rogers Communications in Canada made a 12-year, $5.2B deal with the NHL to broadcast hockey throughout Canada; this includes all platforms, languages, so that’s a lot of cash being injected into the NHL’s economy. Still hard to believe the league has teams in Phoenix/Raleigh/ Nashville but not in Hamilton/Quebec City/Saskatoon or even a second team in Toronto.
– Do you think Mark Sanchez watches Jets games and laughs up his sleeve, as in, “Bet you wished I was playing now, suckers…..”? I’m telling you, up until Flacco/Ryan in 2008, rookie QBs just didn’t play this early in their careers and in this case, I’m thinking its not a positive change.
– Going into Tuesday’s NBA games, there were 17 teams over .500; 13 of the 17 are in the West. So if the playoffs started today, four sub-.500 teams would make the playoffs, five teams over .500 would miss out. This will correct itself for the most part, between now and April, but wow, the east has been terrible so far.
– Green Bay Packers’ guard Josh Sitton had this to say about this week’s opponents, the Detroit Lions:
“They go after quarterbacks, their entire defense takes cheap shots all the time. That’s what they do, that’s who they are. They’re a bunch of dirtbags or scumbags. I mean, that’s just how they play.” Sitton is number 71 for the Packers; they play the early game Thursday. Lets hope the Detroit Lions can shut him up on the field and scoreboard tomorrow. Roar!!
– Speaking of which, if a TV network owns the rights to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and airs it before Thanksgiving, they should be forced by federal law to let another network televise this classic program in December where it belongs.
– Cleveland Browns signed QB Alex Tanney, who threw 157 TD passes at D-III Monmouth; you know the QB pool is getting thin when kids who didn’t get a college scholarship are getting put on rosters.
– Northern Illinois football team wore uniforms Tuesday with “The Hard Way” on the back, where the names usually are. Not sure who thought this was a good idea, but I would disagree with them.
– I’m already tired of some college hoop analysts whining about the length of games; if you don’t like it, quit and go get a real job. Players, coaches will adjust, there will be less fouling and a better game will result. You get the feeling some coaches are using analysts as mouthpieces to get their opinions heard.
– Redskins’ biggest question heading into the offseason: Can regain Robert Griffin III his speed and become a dual threat QB again? He can’t even scramble out of bounds right now; its not pretty to watch. If he can’t run, he’s really not an NFL-caliber QB, certainly not a starter.
– Last year at this time, critics were sniping at the Rams for not drafting RGIII and instead grabbing four draft picks for his slot in the draft, the last of which is Washington 1st round pick next April. Haven’t heard anything from those critics in a while. That’s the thing about critics; its easy to hide in the bushes when you’re wrong. Lot harder to be in the spotlight, making difficult decisions. In this case, with Redskins 3-8, looks like the Rams made a great decision.
– Please be careful traveling today; lot of bad weather around the country. Want everyone to have a healthy and happy holiday, so be careful.
Wednesday's LIst of 13: Nobody asked me, but...........
13) Last time the Red Sox started a road trip 0-7 was back in 1960, when I was less than a year old, but had more hair than I do now.
12) One lucky soul put $3,000 on 36-point underdog Texas State to win SU at Houston last week; when the Bobcats pulled the monumental upset, the guy had himself a ticket worth $105,000. He didn’t even have to sweat much; State led 27-10 at the half.
11) What is Savannah State thinking about? Football team lost 84-0 at Oklahoma State last week (but cashed a check for $385,000); this week, its Florida State in Tallahassee, which could be a similar result, although the paycheck figures to be bigger, too.
10) Final attendance results for the Saratoga thoroughbred meet shows attendance up an average of 173 fans a day, with handle up 3.3%. One big factor in the track’s factor was the near-perfect weather this summer.
9) UCLA started five freshmen on offense at Rice last week; its usually a bad sign when you’re starting freshmen in bigtime college football, but the returning players haven’t done much in Westwood, so the young kids get a shot.
8) Speaking of UCLA, Bruin basketball fans are holding their breath the NCAA makes freshman hoop standouts Shabazz Muhammad and Kyle Anderson eligible; school doesn’t start at UCLA until September 27. Practice starts October 12.
7) Houston Astros are first team since 1916 to go 8-47 in any 55-game stretch of a season. They just don’t have many good players.
6) I usually like watching Pawn Stars on History Channel, but now they have Rick’s son Corey doing more on camera, and he’s not likeable. He comes off as a big, dumb guy with a wise mouth, so I’d rather not have him lecturing on the history of stuff that gets brought into the shop.
Case in point: on one episode, George Stephanopolous came into the shop; Corey and Chumlee had no idea, as in zero, who he is. Brilliant!!!!
5) Xavier booted their best returning basketball player out of school for an off-campus incident, even though the authorities never pressed charges; Dez Wells winds up at Maryland playing for Mark Turgeon. Hope he takes advantage of his second chance.
4) Quietly, the Royals are playing better, especially at home; they’ve won eight of Bruce Chen’s last nine home starts.
3) By all means, keep wheeling Raul Ibanez out there. Guy is 2 for his last 33, can't play the outfield worth a damn, while Ichiro Suzuki sits on the bench. Pretty lame lineup for a team with a $200M payroll.
2) Did you see the clip of the kid on Kent State running the wrong way with a muffed punt last week? If not, you have to go to Youtube and find it; he is sprinting down the sideline, towards the wrong goal line, and three guys on the other team are desperately chasing him, oblivious to fact that he’s running the wrong way. Total chaos when the play ends.
Towson State coaches are yelling at the kid who made the tackle, thinking it cost them two points, when in reality, its against the rules to advance a muffed punt, even if you’re advancing it the wrong way. Been a long time since that happened.
1) You think you had a bad weekend? Boxer Floyd Mayweather bet $3M on Michigan Saturday night. That’s million with an M. That’s also a very rough day. What an Idiot!
SPOOKY'S WINNERS AND LOSERS OF THE WEEK
Let's see who did really dumb shit this past weekend.
Oklahoma State - Waaaa Waaaa Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Season over, queers. Look at you, Iowa State. Dick swingin giant killers. Let's get a round of pussy for those lovable bunch of future K-Mart managers. In Obesity State's defense, they were mourning the loss of some basketball coaches that died in a plane wreck only a day before this game happened. So in honor of Kurt Budke and Miranda Serna, we'll momentarily pretend that women's basketball is a real sport. And you think Spooky doesn't have heart. Nonsense.
Clemson - Ahhhhhhh. The sweet stench of rotting failure. Never trust the ACC. Taj Boyd showed us that he's not quite there yet and the rest of the team showed us they're fucking terrible. I'm sure Marmalard Rivers broke the record for most white guy fist pumps completed in one minute after he saw the final score of this game. Then in another act of celebration...murdered his neighbor's dog. This has nothing to do with this game, but I just cannot get enough of this picture. FakeNeck Beamer jiggles his titty chin in approval of this loss.
Arizona - I know the entire state cares more about things like stealing land from Native Americans, cacti and not dying from heat stroke than they do about football, but come on! DickRod as your coach? Did you learn nothing from Michigan? I guess it doesn't matter that much since there aren't actually any real Arizona Wildcat fans out there...unless you count Luke Walton. He seems gay enough to still keep up with Arizona sports. My advice is that if there are any actual Wildcat fans out there that matter, they should cut out the buttholes in all of their jeans to make it easier. You can fight it all you want but the scabby midget dick of Rich Rodriguez will penetrate your anus at some point.
Georgia fans - Mark Richt is keeping his job. You can get the noose back out now. That is all.
Oregon - What the fuck! You fuckin handle Stanford, look almost like a National Title contender, start creeping back into the conversation, then lose to Matt Barkley. Ya know I spermed the inside of my boxer shorts watching The Erection King work Oregon's shaft on Saturday. The SEC is fuckin terrible. lol They reek of egg farts and spoiled oatmeal. If you want to know exactly what that smells like, you just need to catch a whiff of JB's last sexual partner. She has the body of Kathy Bates and a face like Dave Grohl.
Baylor - RG3 is a God damn stud. This is why the Heisman is stupid. Insane stats, Big-12 schedule, plays for a ranked team and not a single mention of the Heisman. Why should RG3 be penalized because the rest of Baylor sucks? I'm not saying he should win it, but I definitely think he deserves an invite. His stats are just as good as the other QBs getting fluffed every 12 seconds. I digress...but let's put our hands together for not one, but TWO Oklafatass schools sucking the hairy under tit of the upset. Hooray, Baylor. Now when people talk about the Bears they don't have to talk about basketball players murdering each other and Bill Brasky playing center for the women's team. Strike that last comment from the record. We've pretended long enough to care about women's basketball.
Ark-Kansas - They actually control their own destiny to play in the title game. Wonderful. The only question is how many more jokes can I make about racism, pedophilia, incest and poverty? Jesus, this is fucking exhausting. Razorback...even the team name sounds like a hillbilly rape move. "Got that skank smoked on Drain-O bombs last night and gave her the razorback on my rape rack. Once I realized she wasn't dead, I lost my boner so I had to finish up with my sister. Took her and the pet goat to get me hard again. Don't worry...I kept the blood." Fuck...that was even a little too raunchy for me. After football games the downtown scene HAS to be like Remember The Titans, right?
Lee Corso - This is the day we've been waiting for. The day Lee Corso finally loses it completely. I was hoping for something more along the lines of publicly shitting or pissing himself like a newborn, or getting completely nude during the middle of a broadcast while swinging a pillowcase full of dog shit at Chris Fowler...but a good ol' fashioned home cooked "fuck" will do just fine. I can think of nothing more majestic than Corso shouting "Fuck It!" on national television. Not even a bald eagle wearing a head band ripping off thousands of M-16 rounds would be more American. I would even argue Joey Chestnut hoarking down 65 hotdogs in 12 minutes isn't even in the same stratosphere. Lee Corso is my new Captain America. From now on, Corso should wear a thong cut from the cloth of the American flag.
We're closing in on the end of the college football season, my friends. Unfortunately with the end of college football comes the beginning of the holiday season. And with the holiday season comes one of the most fucking annoying things ever. The Salvation Army bell ringer standing outside every grocery store. Got to experience that shit this evening while leaving Kroger. What a pleasant fucking surprise that was...RING RING RING RING RING RING RING! SON OF A BITCH!!! Put that God damn bell away before I make you fucking eat it. Yes, I see you. You are a giant man standing next to an even more giant red thing full of money. And you're there every fucking year at the same time. And you smell like Queen Latifah's dirty clothes hamper. Give it a rest, jackass because as long as you're clamoring that bell you're getting shit from me. Happy Packers getting gang raped by Lions day, everyone.
Took a beating last week.....time to rite the ship this week
Sides aren't very attractive to me so I'm going with three totals here:
Temple/Ohio Over 47.5
Akron/Mia Ohio under 47.5
Tulsa/Cnt Fla Over 48.5
GL this week to all