Philadelphia vs Atlanta Wrap - Philadelphia Wins 2-0
- Atlanta couldn't get its offense rolling against Cliff Lee in a 2-0 loss to Philadelphia in baseball action on Thursday.
- Philadelphia was an underdog by +112 and came through for bettors backing them. The game went UNDER the consensus closing total of 6.5.
- Cliff Lee earned the victory for the Phillies, throwing 8 innings of work, striking out 8, walking 0, and allowing 2 hits and 0 earned runs. That effort was supported by 1 RBI from Ben Revere in the win.
- Atlanta's starting pitcher Kris Medlen worked 5 innings, giving up 6 hits and 2 earned runs while striking out 3 in the loss. They got 1 hit from Justin Upton in a losing cause.
- The battle of the bats favored Philadelphia as they had 8 hits, while Atlanta only had 2.
- The game was closed out by Jonathan Papelbon who got the final outs in the victory. He allowed 0 hits, 0 walks and fanned 2 batters to earn the save.
- Philadelphia heads into a battle against Kansas City. Atlanta, meanwhile, will have their next action against Chicago.
Best Sportsbook Bonuses
#1 Online Sportsbook, 20% Deposit Bonus, free contests, Super fast payouts
160% in Bonuses, 100% Sportsbook, 50% Casino, Free $50 superbowl bet
100% Deposit bonus, 60% reload bonuses!
25% bonuses up to $900 on each and every deposit. Great Credit Card Sportsbook
50% signup bonus!